Friday, January 14, 2011

Taking Time Out for Tea

This morning I met with a new friend at a local coffee shop. On Thursday mornings, she sits at my table for Bible study. As a table leader, I want to be more intentional this year about spending additional one-on-one time with each of the women in our small group, getting to know each of them a little better. So this morning I got do to just that.

We spent almost two hours talking about family and church and school and home. It was great fun to discover some things we shared in common. When our conversation turned to the topic of marriage, we shared from our hearts some of the ways we encourage our husbands, who work hard every day to support their families. We also talked about the Anchor in our marriage, Jesus. For Christ is the foundation of every healthy relationship.

I have been invited to write for the Titus 2 In Action blog on the topic of marriage. I am very excited about this, for I love to share with others what I have learned through God’s Word and through my everyday experiences. My husband Jeff and I are raising three kids in the greater Los Angeles area. Simone is a sophomore in high school and just got her driver’s permit last week, so we are about to embark on a whole new adventure with her. Our youngest children, Brynn and Parker, are both in elementary school, and we enjoy the various extra-curricular activities like Girl Scouts, ballet class, piano lessons, and baseball practice.

Amidst this sometimes-busy pace of life, I like to invite friends out for coffee. While I don’t drink coffee per se – I usually order apricot tea – I do like the ambiance of a quaint cafĂ© where I can meet with a friend to chat. As I write for this blog, I hope to convey the same kind of atmosphere – as if we were together sharing a pot of tea, talking about the importance of keeping God first in our marriage. I look forward to getting to know some new friends here too, in this amazing world known as the blog-o-sphere.

What specific topics on marriage would you like to see discussed here?

D.J.

6 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Welcome to Titus 2 In Action, DJ! We are so glad you are here. I am looking forward to having a cup of tea with you every other Friday as I read your posts.

Denise J. Hughes said...

Thanks, Sonya, I look forward to that too!

Warren Baldwin said...

You are a good addition to Titus2. Welcome aboard.

Kelly said...

HI DJ! Welcome! Can't wait to hear about your topics. Thanks for joining us.

Beth Herring said...

Welcome DJ - I already read your blog and look forward to reading your posts here as well!!

Furniture Repairs Arlington Heights said...

Great sshare