Friday, June 18, 2010

More From My Marriage Counselor

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3


God's Word, His precepts and statutes are our counselors. "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors." (Psalm 119:24) Drinking in His Word every day is essential in our lives and vital in our marriages. God has given us His Holy Spirit as our Counselor to teach us and remind us of His Word. "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26



The key verse above from 2 Peter 1:3 assures us that His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge or Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through His Word and His Spirit, He has fully equipped us to live a life of godliness. "....give me only my daily bread." (Proverbs 30:8) As we daily yield our hearts to His will and His word, His divine power gives us everything we need for life and godliness....including in our marriage. Everything we need. I find that amazing.



"Give us each day our daily bread." (Luke 11:3) We need to daily feed on the Bread of Life. "When Your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear Your name, O LORD God Almighty." (Jeremiah 15:16)




Our Counselor's promise is that we have everything we need for life and godliness. In our marriages, we have been equipped with everything we need. As a Christian, a child of God and joint heirs with Christ, God's inexhaustible riches are available to us. He has given us everything we need for life and godliness! The Counsellor teaches us and whispers to our hearts.


"The Father has given you His Spirit to serve as your Guide and Teacher. The Holy Spirit will lead you to the magnificent promises and resources that became available when God adopted you into His family. Take time to meditate on the wonderful promises of God that are available to you. Let the Holy Spirit convince you of the reality that you are, indeed, a child of God and a fellow heir of Christ." - Blackaby

We have been given everything we need for life and godliness in our lives and in our marriages. We must daily soak in His Word, trusting the Spirit to teach us. Yielding our way to His, our marriages and lives will bear abundant fruit. In obeying His commands, our hearts will be filled with peace.


Isaiah 48:16-18

"Come near me and listen to this: 'From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there.' And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, with His Spirit. This is what the LORD says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river,your righteousness like the waves of the sea."




Go near and listen to God. He teaches us through His Word and His Spirit what is best for us. He directs us in the way we should go. Pay attention to His commands and your peace will be like a river and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.


Drink deep. He has given us everything we need for life and godliness....in our marriages and in our lives.


Sharon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN!

I love these verses of TRUTH!

Love you,
Jill