Proverbs 13:24 [NIV]
He who spares the rod hates his son,
The surest test of discipline is its absence.
If you are not disciplining your child, the Bible says that you do not love them [Proverbs 13:24] ~ in fact it is even more clear when it says you hate them. Those are hard words to swallow but they are TRUTH and are not to be ignored.
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Training a child………. Hummm…. Think of military boot camp for example ~ but with a good [graduating] end result.
- Training takes time.
- Training takes discipline.
- Training takes love.
- Training takes perseverance.
- Training takes focus.
- Training takes purpose.
- Training takes work.
- Training has a purpose to produce a fruitful end.
Without training and teaching the next generation is left to be unrestrained, self-reliant, undisciplined, with a selfish ‘me first’ attitude and lifestyle.
Are we PREPARING and TRAINING them to be Martyrs for Christ?
- willing to lay down their lives for Him
- willing to do what is right and just
- willing to follow God’s ways
- willing to think of others before themselves
- not to be independent ~ but to be GOD-dependant.