Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is God Enough?

In the past couple of weeks, my family experienced a terrible tragedy; a six-month old infant died, and the family was left shocked, saddened and confused.

At a time like this, you are left wondering why. Why would God allow such a terrible thing to happen to someone so young? Where was God? And is God the same "good" God he was before?

I am reminded of the words of Peter in John 6, "Lord, to whom shall we go?" At that time, many disciples decided that the teachings of Jesus were too hard, and were leaving him. I can relate. This loss represents a really hard teaching. Yet, where else is there to go? Jesus holds the words of eternal life. And if I can cling to them during this hard time, I know that I will see that baby again, in his glory, one day.

Is God enough? Yes. Even in this, God is enough. Praise the Lord.


Kelly

2 comments:

Shanda said...

I am so so sorry and will be praying for you and your family. And, as I wrote in my post today, it is ok to question and doubt, if it all brings us back to Him. May God comfort and give you peace.

Carmen said...

So true, Kelly! God is more than enough! Hope everyone is doing as well as expected considering the situation. You're still on my heart and in my prayers.