Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Witnesses

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,” Hebrews 12:1 NIV

Who are your witnesses? If you work in an office, it's your co-workers. As a mom, your children are your witnesses. Your spouse is your witness. Your friends are your witnesses. We are surrounded by witnesses, that is those who see and perceive our actions. As Christians, we should be showing the world Jesus.

In the verse above, the witnesses actually refer to those in faith who have gone before. These are the witnesses that bear testimony about what they have seen, so that we may know the truth. We are to have the courage to have faith because of the great men and women who have gone before us and shown their faith.

But when I read the verse I think about who is witnessing what I do. Am I inspiring faith in them, or am I showing them my sinful nature? When I read the Bible, I am inspired by the witnesses of the past. When people see me I want them to witness my faith, and to be inspired.

Who are those that inspire your faith? And whose faith are you inspiring?


Kelly

No comments: