Friday, December 3, 2010

"Lead Me" - A Wife's Prayer

"A wife of noble character who can find?  She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." 
Proverbs 31:10-12

Click for Sanctus Real:  Lead Me

"Lead Me"
Prayer for Wives
(Inspired by the song "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real)

"Heavenly Father, You have called me to honor and serve my husband in grace, humility and love, and yet I so often let worry, insecurity and fear overshadow that calling.  Unburden my heart from worry and expectations.  Teach me to relinquish control of my life and marriage to You, for only You are strong enough to carry and sustain it.

Lead me to a place of deep trust and intimacy with You, so that I would seek no emotional fulfillment elsewhere, but would bring to my relationship with my husband a rich overflow of confidence and strength, making of our home and marriage a peaceful, restful haven.  Show me how best to love my husband, supporting and respecting him, praying for and trusting the work of Your Spirit in his heart and life.

Give me the wisdom to value what is eternal, so that I might be truly content with my present circumstances, and not fretful or anxious over family decisions and finances.  Teach me to be beautiful as You define beauty.  Let me be a creative and enjoyable friend and companion for my husband, gracious and kind, gentle in disagreement and quick to forgive.

Only as You lead me will I become the woman and wife that my husband needs.  So lead me, O Lord.  Amen."


Amen indeed.


Sharon

2 comments:

Beth Herring said...

This is beautiful, Sharon. Thank you for posting this today.

mariel said...

i love that song...definately the prayer of my own heart.