Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"But the Lord your God ye shall fear;
and He shall deliver you out of the 
hands of all your enemies"
(2 Kings 17:39)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's funny how God can give you a Word that you already knew, but somehow just weren't putting it to practice. A Word that you may have heard before, but just didn't connect the dots correctly.

 The enemy, satan, has really been having a good time messing me with me lately. I have allowed him to play some mind games with me and convince me of some things that absolutely were not true.  Things that deep down I knew weren't true, but just let him convince me otherwise. He loves to tell us lies about ourselves to make us doubt what we know.  To make us focus on our unworthiness instead of on His Worth. 

In our quest of seeking a Higher plane with God, we must learn to recognize the devil's schemes and not allow him free reign on our property. God has given us so many promises in His Word that we can cling to. He has blessed us beyond measure and He wants us to have good things! It is time for us to stop the devil in his tracks. It's time that we take back from the devil what is rightfully ours. If we are ever going to grow in the Lord, we have to recognize who we are in Him. We are victorious through the power of God. Satan has no hold over us. Our God will deliver us from the hands of our enemies. The battle has already been won.

Thank you, Lord, for the power that you have given us over satan. Help us to remember who we are in You. Help us to recognize the schemes of our enemy. Help us to put our trust and our faith in You. May we continue to seek you and a higher, more intimate relationship. You are everything we could ever ask or imagine. You are God.
Beth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I love this...I am so glad that I decided to read some blogs today. This word you have posted here is confirming things in my heart and life. I know I have told you how I would have LOVED to have heard the Beth Moore study a few weeks ago. A teacher at one of our local conferences taught to take back what the devil has stolen from you two years ago and I have been dwelling and growing on for over the past year. My step-mom and I were also talking about how the devil tries so hard to trick us, that he can get into our minds and "speak softly", but we know it's God when we get it in our heart-a place the devil can not enter into. Learning how to reconize the devil before that small thought turns into a roller-coaster of emotions and volcano of thoughts is hard to do and sometimes it takes a lot of one-on-one God time to get it under control. But God is there to help us to get things under control and for that I am so thankful. God is all I need, all I ever need, and all I will ever need-as long as I can learn to put my full trust on HIM.

A multi-dimensional life said...

Beth, this is beautiful! Amen to all you said....the battle has already been won! In Crist we have victory!

Amanda Beth - Author said...

Amen! Isn't crazy how we believe some of Satan's lies even when we know deep down that they are not true. Thank God for always renewing our minds and tearing down Satan's lies.
Thanks for this message! Blessings to you:)