Goals are not so easy to meet. We want them to challenge us and improve our lives, but boy do they get in the way when things get busy.
Here are a few tips to help you (and me) reach our goals by the end of 2012:
1. Be realistic. Don't set goals so lofty you need a miracle to reach them.
2. Be prayerful. Once you have goals in mind, take them before the Lord.
3. Be specific. Be sure to write down the specific steps needed to reach those goals.
4. Be committed. Research has shown that people who actually read over their goals on a daily basis are 80-90% more likely to reach them, so get into the habit of reading them over daily.
5. Be flexible. By February, most of us will have missed it on at least one goal. Don't throw them all away, instead ask the Lord to give you fresh resolve and start fresh that day. You still have many more months to be faithful to reaching your goals.
6. Reward yourself. As you meet goals consistently, reward yourself. Buy a book you've been pining for, or go for a peaceful walk with the Lord, basking in His creation. Pat yourself on the back because you did it with His help!